5 Tips to get soft smooth hands
With Spring in the air, now is the time to focus on our hands. If your hands are suffering the “alligator” look with dry scaly skin, use these quick tips to get your hands looking soft and smooth.
- Use a moisturizing soap with Shea butter and Olive Oil to soften hands. Hand-made soaps are normally made using the Cold process soap method (or CLP) are creamy and kind to skin. Our artisan soaps are the result of a number of elements: a combination of natural ingredients, a traditional soap making method and the level of luxury that only handmade products carry so they are not only moisturising due to the high oil content but very hydrating too with the glycerin left in the soap. Glycerin is a wonderful ingredient, it is a humectant in that it draws moisture to the skin, keeping your skin soft & smooth all day long
- Whip up a a DIY scrub made from sugar and olive oil to exfoliate calloused hands. Rub the treatment on for at least two minutes, rinse off with warm water, then pat dry.
- It is imperative to follow-up with a hydrating cream (containing ingredients like Olive Oil, Shea butter and vitamin E – whilst your hands are still slightly wet, as it will penetrate into the skin better . Moisturising Hand Cream
- Target extra dry spots and cuticles with a balm – our Nutri-Pure Balm is perfect for this.
- If you want an overnight treatment, heat up a pair of cotton socks in the microwave for 10 seconds. Then apply a thick hand cream, pop your hands into your socks and head to bed. In the morning, rub in the remaining moisturizer.
Do you suffer from extremely dry hands? What works best for you during winter? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section